From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Alby
Reid
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 10:27 AM
To: 'Forum for Physics Educators'
Subject: [Phys-l] OFF-TOPIC: Basic scientific literacy

I was having a discussion with a friend and we were trying to come up
with a
list of basic science topics that *everyone* ought to have some basic
understanding of.

I'm interested to hear PHYS-L's thoughts and suggestions about what
ought to
be on this list.

So far (in no particular order):
* Types of Force and Newton's Laws