Re: [Phys-l] Question about Quarks and the Standard Model

Mootness, in this context, is an experimental questtion. Try it and find out.
Regards,
Jack

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Rauber, Joel wrote:

| > In order to see how remarkable, I would love to see what happens if
| > you try the following, which I do when I teach:
| > Require your students, in the last two or three minutes of each
| > class period to quickly write down on a piece of paper, and hand in
| > their answers to the two questions:
| > 1. What, if anything, sticks in my mind about today's lesson?
| > 2. What question can I think of relating to today's lesson?
|
| I have been considering doing this for some time. I have not
| yet gotten around to doing it for a couple reasons: one is
| keeping track of all those bits of paper seems a bit daunting
| :-), the main reason, though, is that I *start* each class by
| asking them "are there any questions today?", and they often
| have follow-up questions from the previous session.

If you students actually respond and ask questions at the beginning of lecture in a truly communicative way, then doing the same thing at the end of the period may be moot.

I think the method is meant to force students to respond; but it appears you have achieved that goal through other means.

Joel