Re: [Phys-l] Muon Catalyzed Fusion

Sorry Chuck, your dates are way off. The issue came up in the 'fities. I was on the scene at the Rad Lab at Berkeley at the time. There was a definitive paper in PHys Rev, as I recall, Stan Cohen, who did some of the computing was a co-atuthor. The original thought that there might be an energy source in the process came, as best ast I could tell, from Luis Alvarez.
Regards,
Jack