[Phys-l] Voice recognition

Hi all,

This is off topic a bit. I successfully experimented with momentum and torque this weekend and managed to smash my left thumb with a large pipe. It will be in a splint for weeks. Typing is now a slow process.

I tried the Microsoft speech recognition software a few years ago but found it to be very picky and inconsistent, despite multiple learning cycles. Do any of you know what software (PC Windoze) is best at this task now-a-days? I was thinking of trying Dragon.

Thanks,

John

John E. Sohl, Ph.D.
Professor of Physics
Weber State University
2508 University Circle
Ogden, UT 84408-2508

voice: (801) 626-7907, fax: (801) 626-7445
e-mail: jsohl@weber.edu
web: http://physics.weber.edu/sohl/