The 'High Sky' is the subject of the latest update to 'Atmospheric Optics'. Nearly all the old site topics were about effects in the first few miles of our atmosphere. The new update deals with those generated by the increasingly tenuous air above that. Topics are the atmosphere's structure, its waves, ozone and blue eclipses, temperature minima,
our highest clouds, rocket trails, the airglow, magnets & glowing gases and how they produce the aurora. The final item, the zodiacal light, is not even in our atmosphere but its loose connection with the very first site topic, crepuscular rays,
was an excuse to include it!

See "What's new" at www.atoptics.co.uk

----------------------
The previous update, not covered in a mail circular, was on cloud droplet and mist effects including spectacular colours trailing from an aircraft and those ascending from rotting wood.
Apologies to those who have mailed me recently and have not yet had replies. Now that the update is completed there will hopefully be more time. ----------------------
A mention also of images that have not yet appeared on the site. Your images are valued and are all carefully and safely stored ready for future updates. Please send some bottles full of time with pictures!

Enjoy,
Les Cowley