Re: [Phys-l] m/c airbag vests Was: Impact velocity

...m/c airbag vests and jackets have been about since the mid-90's elsewhere in the world (Japan and Europe), though I was under the impression that legal entanglements (patents? liability?? liability insurance??? licensing????) was delaying their availability in the US. I'm glad to hear about the Impact jacket and am looking to buy one.

c.f.: Mugen Denko pages at http://www.hit-air.com/english/main.html

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>

Article on first real test of a motorcycle airbag.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/14328936/detail.html