Re: [Phys-l] petition packet

Hi all-
"Rating the reputation" is not an appropriate description of Bob Park's comments. The comment "I am in favor of religion" takes on different meanings wwhen spoken by the Pope in Rome and by an aborigine medicine man in a remote corner of Australia. While I am in agreement with the proposition that ad hominem arguments are suspect, that proposition does not exclude the wisdom of recognizing institutional bias of speakers associated with and supported by institutions formed for the purpose of advancing particular viewpoints..
Regards,
Jack