Re: [Phys-l] Zero

| Has the fraction zero/zero a definitive answer?

The answer of course hinges on your operational definition of the
division operation a/b, including the requirements which this
definition might impose upon the mathematical entities a and b.

I would submit that by conventional definitions, 0/0 is meaningless.
One is however persuaded to define a new, useful, related concept :
The limiting value of f(x)/g(x) as both f(x) and g(x) approach the
value 0 for some value of x. ( This also may be meaningless in
particular instances.)

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (Emeritus)
www.winbeam.com/~trebor