From: John SOHL <jsohl@weber.edu>
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Sent: Monday, October 8, 2007 9:57:37 PM
Subject: [Phys-l] Practical Physics

Hi All,

I have been wondering about creating a course in applied physics for
non-science majors. It would be one-semester long and would probably not
have a lab (due to resources mainly) at least at first. It would be
half way between the minimal math level 1010 conceptual courses and the
year long trig and calculus based courses.

Target audiences might include nursing majors and other health
professions, architects, anthropology majors, applied technology students (not
engineering students), etc. I'm thinking of a 1010 course on steroids.
Math prereqs would be algebra or statistics type courses.

1. Does anyone know of such a course that already exists?

2. Does anyone know of a textbook for such a course?

Thanks,

John

John E. Sohl, Ph.D.
Professor of Physics
Weber State University
2508 University Circle
Ogden, UT 84408-2508

voice: (801) 626-7907, fax: (801) 626-7445
e-mail: jsohl@weber.edu
web: http://physics.weber.edu/sohl/