Re: [Phys-l] thermodynamics without entropy ?!??

I'd gladly give up 'entropy' as soon as I see how to do the same stuff differently.

Introductory Thermo gets short shrift in most Intro Physics courses and I suspect that the evil head of entropy is a major reason to 'skip' it.

Energy and Entropy are (IMHO) the two most important cross-discipline topics that there are.

How can I explain the cooling of a relaxing rubber band without a handwaving salute to entropy etc.