Re: [Phys-l] [ap-physics] The Swinging Bucket Problem

Because, I think it's less confusing to not have unique physics meanings for common words or expressions. A true neologism (A created word instead of a new meaning.) is another matter. Net force in a particular direction is probably not confusing. Total might include other inappropriate forces, and rarely in common usage (None that I have thought of, but I haven't tried.) are they (total and net) the same. No one who isn't house bound or who watches TV has missed net weight and total weight, nicht wahr?

bc, will soon run out of expressions.

Paul Lulai wrote:

How's about net is the overall result of multiple forces and can be analyzed as a vector sum. All play aside, why the opposition to net --> total?
My head hurts. Spanish, Latin, & new words all in a 24 hour span...

Paul Lulai . . . Where every now & again I reinforce my grandma's statement that are more horses asses than there are horses.

To wonder is to begin to understand
Physics Instructor
Saint Anthony Village Senior High School, ISD 282
3303 33rd Avenue N.E.
Saint Anthony Village, MN 55418

(w) 612-706-1144
(fax) 612-706-1140