Re: [Phys-l] Oscilloscope Simulation

Hi All,

I use the link below (that Bob provided) for my PHYS 3410 Electronics for Scientists course. I use it as a homework assignment and prelab. I give them a few activities to do with the simulated scope then they do that and much more in the lab with real oscilloscopes that are fairly similar to the one in the simulation.

I do not have any sort of pre- post- performance information about how worthwhile it is as an educational activity. My sense is that it does help the student understand the function of oscilloscopes if only because it causes them to have more "time on task."

John

John E. Sohl, Ph.D.
Professor of Physics
Weber State University
2508 University Circle
Ogden, UT 84408-2508

voice: (801) 626-7907, fax: (801) 626-7445
e-mail: jsohl@weber.edu
web: http://physics.weber.edu/sohl/

"Bob Sciamanda" <trebor@winbeam.com> 9/25/2007 7:15 AM >>>
For a shockwave scope simulator, look at:

http://www.virtual ( http://www.virtual/ )-oscilloscope.com/