Re: [Phys-l] Kozol fasts to protest NCLB - defense of unions

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Tarara" <rtarara@saintmarys.edu>

Now of course to 'test' as JC wants, you have to have a set of national
tests to replace the state tests so as to judge the effectiveness of
teaching in each state--and those 'ain't going to be the FCI! ;-) With all
the wailing and gnashing of teeth over state NCLB testing, what response
would a national test produce??

Dawned on me--we have such tests for college prep teaching--the SAT and ACT. Those people would have stats by state and by public versus private schools, but I'm not sure if such has been made public.

Rick