From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Rauber, Joel
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 9:34 AM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: [Phys-l] PER folks and units of g

This is mostly addressed to the PER gurus, but others should need no invitation to chime in, as their experience is appreciated and valuable.
There was a post a while back that suggested that the PER research was indicating that it is best to quote g as follows:
g = 9.8 N/kg rather than g = 9.8 m/s^2
the question I have is following a traditional sequence of kinematics first, while introducing free-fall what do you suggest for g?