Re: [Phys-l] total lunar eclipse Tuesday

Hi, Here are some more websites concerning the impending lunar eclipse including some very nice pictures (suitable for k-12 students):
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2007/03aug_dreamyeclipse.htm?list946821
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/eclipse.html
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEmono/TLE2007Aug28/TLE2007Aug28.html
http://www.mreclipse.com/Special/LEprimer.html
http://www.mreclipse.com/Special/SEprimer.html
http://www.mreclipse.com/LEphoto/LEgallery1/LEgallery2.html
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2007/12feb_lunareclipse.htm
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2007/27aug_explodingeclipse.htm?list946821
These are from my reference page from the PowerPoint presentation I made for my HS students to inform them of the impending lunar eclipse. Need to take advantage of every "teachable moment", even today, their first day of school.
Sorry, I don't have time to discuss each website, like John Denker did. I am off to school. Barbara Bay

John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote: total lunar eclipse Tuesday

Visibility map and data:
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEplot/LEplot2001/LE2007Aug28T.GIF

Nice writeup at wikipedia: