Re: [Phys-l] Broken URLs

I open the selected part and paste the previously copied broken part in the URL window. This precludes the need to remove the CRLF.

bc, copy and paster.

John Denker wrote:

On 08/25/2007 09:44 AM, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

http://home.hockaday.org/HockadayNet/Academic/physics/MPPhysics/labs/
bulbtemp.html

I tried to access this page but

The URL got broken, presumably due to misbehavior of RT's mailer.
The URL needs to be put back together, without the line break et cetera. I get

http://home.hockaday.org/HockadayNet/Academic/physics/MPPhysics/labs/bulbtemp.html

which works fine for me.

More generally, if you suspect a URL has been broken across multiple lines,
paste the lines into a text editor, edit out the breaks, and then paste
the repaired URL into your browser.