Re: [Phys-l] explanatory and response variables (was calibration )

Hi Michael,

These are both left-handed coordinate systems.

Daniel Crowe
Loudoun Academy of Science
dan.crowe@loudoun.k12.va.us
edmiston@bluffton.edu 08/08/07 2:39 PM >>>
For a standard right-hand system I generally say the x-axis runs left to
right (right positive), the y-axis runs backward to forward (forward
positive), and the z-axis runs bottom to top (top positive).

In textbooks we often see x to the right, y pointing up, and z pointing
backwards.