Re: [Phys-l] tutorial on scaling laws

At 04:39 PM 7/27/2007, John D., you wrote:

I wrote up some notes on dimensional analysis and put them in a new
document of their own:
http://www.av8n.com/physics/dimensional-analysis.htm

Of course scaling and dimensional analysis are intimately related, but
it seemed easier to discuss them separately.

Comments and suggestions are, as always, welcome.

Ah! I see the camel of dimension has poked his nose into the tent.
What better time than now, to mention the mystique of the (many)
dimensionless numbers. Take for example, that romantic example:
the Slosh time. This is given by
a characteristic time multiplied by the cube root of
the ratio of surface tension to
the product of
fluid density with the cube of tank radius

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!