[Phys-l] Teaching Evolution In a Creationist America (was Question: The most difficult challenge I face when teaching the theory of evolution is . . . . .

Some chemistry and physics teachers may be interested in a recent post "Teaching Evolution In a Creationist America" [Hake (2007a)]. The abstract reads:

ABSTRACT: In response to my post "Question: The most difficult challenge I face when teaching the theory of evolution is . . . . . . ." [Hake (2007b)], a high school biology teacher asked for references on the effective teaching of evolution, especially considering the widespread support for Creationism even among some biology teachers. I include a bibliography of over 75 references which may be helpful to such teachers in their attempts to teach evolution in a country in which, according to a recent Gallup poll, 39% of the population believes that it is "definitely true" that God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years, and 27% believes that it is "probably true."
To see the complete 40 kB post simply click on <http://tinyurl.com/2u9t6q>.

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>