Re: [Phys-l] A New Way To Understand Gravity?

At 08:52 PM 7/11/2007, Bob, you wrote:
...Einstein.... , gravity is the
> curvature of space caused by the presence of matter;

...Sakharov ...
> ...change in the energy density
> of the vacuum [is] due to the curvature of space.
> Bob Zannelli

This sounds like the reciprocity argument regarding force
and acceleration in Newtonian terms.

Brian I don't follow you point here
..
Bob Zannelli

I was recalling that here, people have discussed the priority of
Newton's force as causing acceleration, while others say
force and acceleration are co equal.

You mention that Einstein asserts mass causes space curvature,
while Sakharov asserts that spatial curvature causes an
energy density delta.

This seems to me like a comparable effort to assign primacy
to one term or other of some equation.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!