Re: [Phys-l] AC LED demonstrator

A classic electricity demo! Use a bicolor LED and a 22k ohm resistor, both
available from Radio Shack. Solder the resistor to one wire (cut slightly
shorter) of an extension cord. Solder the LED to the other end of the
resistor and the other ext cord wire. Tape it, plug in, spin it.
Fascinating!

tmzoughi@kennesaw.edu writes:
Hi all:

I remember seeing a set-up made up with a power cord connected directly
to a
wall outlet and used to demonstrate ac currents. I saw two versions of the
set up, one with a red LED and the other with a bicolor LED. I am hoping
that one of you has information on how to build one.

Taha

Taha Mzoughi
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biology and Physics