Re: [Phys-l] home wiring catastrophe

But may save lives. The ground fault detectors do work. The trouble cited is small price in comparison, and we don't know if that was the cause.

bc, knows from experience.

William Maddox wrote:

From: WC Maddox

You have just given me a reason to hold on to old house which does not have neutral green wiring and has fuses instead of circuit breakers.A problem with one of the 120v lines in this house did not affect the voltage in the other line. I wonder if this problem will show up in a movie about terrorists or a gang wanting a distraction during a robbery. Based on students wiring up circuits transistors seem to make good fuses but why go to the trouble of coming up with a new design for home circuit breakers? This kind definitely has a problem.The electro-mechanical kind still work in the buildings physics uses here after 40 yrs.

End Message

cut