Re: [Phys-l] Inscrutable words

Not at all; did the headline have the book's title, "Stumbling on Happiness" within quotes?

Googling the headline resulted in nada, while removing the quote mark at the beginning and placing one just before the S resulted in ~ 300. Incidentally he won 1k pounds.

http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/bookslanding.asp?id=6317

bc, if not thinks the headline writer is a clown.

Laurent Hodges wrote:

Does a phrase ever pass into your brain in such a way that it seems totally,
weirdly inscrutable? Then you catch on and feel foolish? Ponder this verbal
illusion:

"Daniel Gilbert receives Royal Society Prize for Stumbling On Happiness"

Well, in my defense, my brain thought it seemed like a rather specialized prize,
but accepted it as a typical example of English eccentricity.

Laurent Hodges