[Phys-l] Relativity Question

I am looking for a high school level explanation for the following question.

Does a compressed spring have more mass than a relaxed spring (at its natural length) by virtue of it's having more energy while compressed?

Or, perhaps more generally, how does potential energy figure in to a relativistic point of view.

I know this is a little vague but perhaps someone who understands my question might attempt a response appropriate to a high school level class.

Thanks, David Abineri

--
D. Abineri dabineri@fuse.net