Re: [Phys-l] another nail in the coffin (9/11)

You're correct. Tho I've many times driven under that freeway, and on, more, I've never noticed exposed beams. My point is still valid, as I understand the force of the collision removed the inadequately bonded insulation in the towers' spans. Gasoline fires easily weaken steel w/ a resultant failure. Cry your eyes out conspiracy theorists.

"Sunday's fireball apparently erupted precisely at the Achilles' heel of the skyway - the underside of the pier where all of the supporting steel girders are bare and unprotected by concrete or anything else, according to Berkeley civil engineering professor Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl."

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_5780891?nclick_check=1

bc, wanted to test w/ a model and kerosene, and now doesn't need to.