Re: [Phys-l] Scientists Offer Frightening Forecast

In a message dated 4/22/2007 5:38:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
RLAMONT@providence.edu writes:

I read this out on my front porch in Providence, RI using my laptop
computer. It was a beautiful way to celebrate Earth Day. Today was the first bearably
warm day since last summer. I was astounded by the quantity and loudness of
the birdcalls. I haven't seen Cedar Waxings in years, and yet, there was a
whole flock feeding on the leftover berries on the tree across the street.

I feel sad for what apears to have been a miserable and frightening Earth
day for Faraday321, the poster who prompted me to write this. I have visions of
him/her having spent the whole day locked in his/her cellar, afraid to come
out into the frightening world outside. What a pity :-(

Bob at PC

Bob you are like those people on the Titanic. The music's good, the food is
fine and you are having a lot of fun. But you don't see that ice berg ahead.
There is overwhelming consensus in the scientific community on the dangers
we are facing in terms of the environment and our resource depletion problems.
To deny this is to ignore overwhelming evidence. Of course there are always
those who choose to believe what they would like to be true rather than what
is. I certainly hope that the scientific community is wrong on this, this
is what I would like to believe. But I learned a while back that believing
doesn't always make it so. They say that a good definition of faith is not
wanting to know what is true. Bob I think you have a lot of faith.

Bob Zannelli

BTW I grew on Providence RI and went to the University of Rhode Island. Nice
place to live.