Re: [Phys-l] Pilot 9th grade physics with inquiry

On the other hand, it's much easier to find biology projects that are
feasible for high school sophomores where the answers are not already
known. Our emphasis in the introduction to research course is on the
process of research rather than on the generation of publishable
results. The plan* is for our students to conduct year-long individual
research projects during their junior and senior years. The emphasis
during the junior and senior years will be on fine-tuning experiments to
generate higher quality data.

*This is only our second year of operation. We are offering the
introduction to research course to sophomores for the first time this
year, because we did not have any sophomores last year.

Daniel Crowe
Loudoun Academy of Science
dan.crowe@loudoun.k12.va.us

herbgottlieb@juno.com 4/15/2007 8:47 PM >>>

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:48:06 -0400 "Dan Crowe"