Re: [Phys-l] [tap-l] speed of sound

"I add the cautionary note that trapping CO2 over water
is inviting humidity to modify that speed as it also
changes the density."

Some olive or mineral oil on top?

bc, thinks measuring just water vapour would be instructive.

Brian Whatcott wrote:

It's wonderful to see the Rubber Book on-line,
and not so wonderful to realize the inevitable - that
it's a subscriber service.
Stepping back to the 61st Edition, I see that
the Velocity (not Speed) of Sound table on page E47
gives CO2 at 259 m/s changing at 0.4 m/s per degC

Brian W