From: "Anthony Lapinski" <Anthony_Lapinski@pds.org>
To: tap-l@lists.ncsu.edu, tap-l@lists.ncsu.edu, phys-
l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:27:03 -0400
Subject: [Phys-l] speed of sound

I know how the speed of sound varies with temperature in air, and am
wanting the speed of sound in carbon dioxide. I've searched the web
with
no luck. Only found the speed to be 258 m/s at 0 °C. Wanted to know
other
values for a speed of sound lab I'm trying soon (with water, tuning
fork,
Alka-Seltzer, etc.).

Can someone guide me to a web site or a formula for the speed of sound
in
CO2 from 0 °C to 100 °C? I don't have a CRC Handbook, but am
wondering if
this book might have the information I need.