Re: [Phys-l] pinhole camera

Years back I have been into an auditorium designed by Henry Gurr from the
University of SC Aiken to work also as a pinhole camera. I don't remember
the details but it was very dramatic, and it provides a very respectable wow
factor. I have tried smaller adaptations of what Henry did in two occasions.
In the first, after my incessant calls for dark blinds for one of labs, the
windows were painted black. All what I had to do was to scratch a small hole
in the middle of one of the windows. All what we had to do to experience the
pinhole was to turn the lights off and wait for our vision to adapt.
Actually, we could see in color on the ceiling cars moving on the road near
by. We also see trees, buildings etc... In another setting, I just took
advantage of the effect of the years on the dark blinds available at that
lab. The effect was similar but without the road and the cars.

Taha

Taha Mzoughi
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biology and Physics