Re: [Phys-l] electricity

Tho we have only CFLs and the only other use is * four microwaves, toaster oven, motors for dryer, washers , and refridg. We went over 30% over baseline so the last 22 Kwh was 22.9¢.Kwh!!! Base line is 294 Kwh @ 11.4¢/kwh Our power plant is 25 miles up Hwy. 1, gas, was oil.

* plus, of course, two TV, two VHS, one beta, and two DVD recorders and three computers. The one I use to listen to the peoples radio is on all the time. I think I'll shut it down over nite instead of just sleeping it.

bc, managed to keep well under baseline for methane [24.7 therms @ $1.133/therm] , will get gas lamps and stop wearing sweaters.
p.s. note about one therm = 29.31 Kwh.

Rick Tarara wrote:

Actually the stability or sudden rises in these costs is easy to understand. Most states regulate their utilities and thus rate changes must go through a review process. Recently in some states (maybe always in others) utilities could pass on fuel costs. Obviously for natural gas, you are buying the actual commodity and as long as the regulators allow automatic pass-throughs

cut