Re: [Phys-l] Another YouTube hoax?

Has anyone read the comments that are posted about this and other similar videos? Makes one ashamed to be numbered as members of the same species as these idiots--probably our wonderful middle and high school kids!

;-(

Rick

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan MacIsaac" <danmacisaac@mac.com>

A very nice video, and I wonder what voltage and current they are using;
I assume dangerous levels and try to discourage my own students from
such projects. I'm also thinking the kite frame is open, so this
isn't a
simple ion rocket. However, ion thrusters are used on satellites today,
that is well-known technology...

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>