Re: [Phys-l] FW: universal gravitation lab

Hello.

I don't have a pre-written lab, but you can target what areas of Universal Gravitation you want to hit by using multiple online simulations.

This simulation looks at orbits & how their paths (circular, elliptical etc...) depend on original velocities
<http://www.ii.uam.es/~jlara/investigacion/ecomm/gravitacion/grav.html>

This fermi-lab simulation looks at orbits in curved spacetime. You can hit potential wells etc...
<http://www.fourmilab.ch/gravitation/orbits/>

This is a demo/light version of a simulation that investigates initial velocities and orbits.
<http://www.edumedia-sciences.com/a211_l2-universal-gravitation.html>

This is a simulation of F=GmM/rr. You can state the mass of each object, the position of each object and the simulation will plot your data.
<http://mvhs.mbhs.edu/~brgo/universal_gravitation/index.php?disp=1&disptab=&save=0&mass_1=6&mass_2=6&initial_pos_1=0&initial_pos_2=0.2&msg=Results%20are%20displayed%20below.>

Paul Lulai
Physics Teacher & Online Learning Coordinator
St. Anthony Village Senior High
Saint Anthony Village, MN
55418
(w) 612-706-1144