Re: [Phys-l] IR thermometer buy

this "really" complicates it:

IR2 Two Color-Ratio Thermometry <http://www.omega.com/pptst/iR2.html> Two coloration Thermometry
Given that emissivity plays such a vital role in obtaining accurate temperature data from infrared thermometers, it is not surprising that attempts have been made to design sensors which would measure independently of this variable. The best known and most commonly applied of these designs is the Two coloration Thermometer. This technique is not dissimilar to the infrared thermometers described so far, but measures the ratio of infrared energy emitted from the material at two wavelengths, rather than the absolute energy at one wavelength or wave band. The use of the word "color" in this context is somewhat outdated, but nevertheless has not been superseded. It originates in the old practice of relating visible color to temperature, hence "color temperature."

from:

http://www.omega.com/prodinfo/infraredthermometer.html

bc, continuing search.

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

Excellent point. To determine I would necessarily dismantle the bolometer. OR sit on my arse and use Google. We'll see. (FOS)

bc