Re: [Phys-l] IR thermometer buy

More important is the aperture solid angle. The Alltrade (Costco) is ~ 0.01 steradian (has LASER). The Cheapie is 10 X (0.1 steradian). No need for a LASER here!

bc, IR thermometer collector, and unknowingly builder of one in 1954.

p.s. the Alltrade suggests using to measure engine temp., etc. I use it to measure food before consumption and when to open thermal blinds in Winter.