Re: [Phys-l] Final velocity of bullets

The moral of this thread -- "extrapolations can lead to wrong conclusions." We know that a stone thrown vertically, at not too high speed, comes back with nearly the same speed. My guess is that some educated people, including many science teachers, are not aware that this is not true for bullets, even approximately.
Ludwik Kowalski, a retired physicist
5 Horizon Road, apt. 2702, Fort Lee, NJ, 07024, USA
Also an amateur journalist at http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/