Re: [Phys-l] energy which can not do work

logically impossible? If the 0 pt. energy does work the material would no longer have zero pt. E. Is the definition of 0 pt E include it is the "lowest state". If so, then it can't have less E than the lowest state. Redefinition necessary?

bc, amateur logician.

Chuck Britton wrote:

Stepping forward -

Helium dilution refridgerators can cool down to 1 mK or so.

The liquid still has KE - can it do work??

Can the the ground state energy of a quantum oscillator 'do work' or is it non-workable energy???