Re: [Phys-l] stopping distance

Air brakes still use drums and pads; no difference from cars really besides what causes the pad to contact the drum - fluid or air.
<http://www.lowestpricetrafficschool.com/handbooks/cdl/en/5/1>

seems like asbestos brake linings were phased out of USA in the 80's
<http://www.vectormachining.com/casestudy.html>

best I can tell if you want genuine asbestos linings you must order from India.

Scott

Scott Goelzer
Physics Teacher
Coe-Brown Northwood Academy