[Phys-l] COLD FUSION

It is interesting how galvanized the CMNS community was about a year ago. It was about what turned out to be much worse than a false promise. Here is a file that popped up as I was searching for something else this morning. It is a message posted on 6/11/05 by X on an Internet forum.

X wrote:
Could you tell me if there is a transcript of this seminar? or at least give more information on it? I have read a lot about how world oil production is at its peak and will now sharply drop off just as demand is rising exponentially and it has me very concerned for the future.

I've been keeping an eye on IESI since I read another cold fusion thread on these boards and recently read on their website that the 2 chief scientists of IESI have come here to Edmonton where I live and I am very interested to find some unbiased proof that what they claim is real because if it is, it will be the breakthrough we need to survive the 21st century.

If anyone is interested, here is the text form of a .pdf you can download of the IESI website. It's a little vague for a skeptic like me but compelling none the less.

QUOTE
Whitepaper On Plasma Heat and Hydrogen Generator

By Dr. Norman L. Arrison

iESi has acquired the most significant technology of the 21st century through Dr. Hyunik Yang and his team from around the world. Their technology draws on the energy of the atom and converts that energy into useful energy in the form of heat in one device and the splitting of the water molecule into hydrogen and oxygen in another device. Dr. Yang's team has varied in size and composition over a ten year period of research. The consistent aspect of the team has been their international stature and dedication to hard work under the leadership of Dr. Hyunik Yang. Dr. Hyunik Yang is 47 years of age and has a distinguished record beginning with his B.Sc. in Engineering from Korea followed by his Ph.D. and post doctorate degrees at Columbia University in New York. He then had a successful career with Hyundai where he was contracted out to NASA and where he won the Eastman Kodak Award for the best paper and an ASME conference. Dr. Yang then went to Russia where he became a member of the Russian Academy of Science. With the distinguished scientists Dr. Yang had worked with, they decided to build a unit to produce power for mankind based on the energy in the atom.

The approach they used was brilliant. They used resonate harmonic frequencies to expose the nuclei of atoms so they could put the nuclei together to obtain the energy from the fused product. Their system is inexpensive, safe, and easy to operate and construct. The first plasma device will produce heat by taking water and converting it to steam. This device is expected to be working by late 2004 and an early prototype is already functioning. the early prototype produces 14 times the energy put into it and the final product is expected to produce 200 times the energy going into the unit. The second plasma device is expected in early 2005 and it will use it's energy to split the water molecule into hydrogen and oxygen. This device is already working in an old prototype which produces the hydrogen and oxygen and immediately recombines the two in a hot hydrogen and oxygen flame. The old hydrogen-oxygen device was the first proof that the team had successfully tapped the energy of the atom. It only produced 50% more energy out than went into the device but showed that the energy of the atom was being drawn upon.

iESi got control of this techology through the special relationship which exists between Dr. Hyunik Yang and Mr. Patrick Cochrane the founder of iESi. Mr. Patrick Cochrane is married to a Korean attorney and through her got to know of Dr. Yang's work. Mr. Cochrane was so fascinated with the techology that he helped Dr. Yang with his funding which up to that time had been carried by Dr. Yang and his immediate family. Because of Mr. Cochrane's assistance for Dr. Yang's work, a close relationship blossomed which has resulted in the formation of iESi as it exists today. We at iESi feel very proud that we are the ones bringing this historical changing technology to the world. Plasma heat generation alone guarantees that the cost of electricity will be stable for all mankind. The hydrogen and oxygen producing technology guarantees a clean planet for humanity. the result is that iESi should be the most significant company of the 21st century.

Well, the above piece disappeared from the company website <www.iesiusa.com>. Fortunately, it was preserved in unit #229. I am sharing it again as a reminder of dangers that can be encountered by scientists. For more details about what finally happened see unit #279. Who was honest and who was not in the iESiUSA company? I have good reason for being optimistic that real progress, toward the resolution of the CF puzzle, will be made, most likely long before the end of the next year. Best wishes to all,
Ludwik Kowalski, a retired physicist
5 Horizon Road, apt. 2702, Fort Lee, NJ, 07024, USA
Also an amateur journalist at http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/