Re: [Phys-l] math notation question

IMHO,

I think the nabla is more widespread than a Delta, but they both are
reasonably common.

As to the d'Alembertian, the authorities I like to use simply use the
square without the superscript 2.

In some ways I like the use of the superscript, but I actually tend to
yield to the authorities.

The one's I just looked up were Misner, Thorne & Wheeler and Jackson.

Joel Rauber
Department of Physics - SDSU

Joel.Rauber@sdstate.edu
605-688-4293