Re: [Phys-l] Reading PER literature

Seems harsh.

The rest is not directed toward anyone in particular:

Try using some PER. If it works, try more. If it doesn't work, try
something else. If our physics students tried a problem one time, one
way & it didn't' work, we'd probably tell them they should stick to it a
bit.

If lecture is all it takes, why doesn't the book alone work?
Why send a kid to lecture?
Why not just give the kid your notes?
Maybe a little something extra hits a few more kids.
Keep talking about how more and more physics & science grad students are
from other countries.
Fine. Do something about it. Teach differently.
Will more scholarships really spark an interest in people? I would
guess only those that find the stuff interesting in the first place.
There is no scholarship in the world that would make me to get a
graduate degree in a subject that didn't genuinely spark my
curiosity/interest.

Paul Lulai
Physics Instructor & Online Learning Coordinator
Saint Anthony Village Senior High School, ISD 282
3303 33rd Avenue N.E.
Saint Anthony Village, MN 55418

(w) 612-706-1144
(fax) 612-706-1140