Re: [Phys-l] Fwd: Picking Physics Books - Need Your Help !!!!!

If you choose the Giancoli text you are welcome to use the reading
guides I created for the 5th edition of Giancoli. The reading guides
(and reading guides for the Physics 2000 text by Huggins) are posted at
my web site:
http://physicspointers.com.

Greg Clements

-----------------------------

I will be teaching College Physics I (151) and College Physics II
(152) at Piedmont Community College starting in January. I have not
taught this level of introductory physics for 20-years or more, but
as I have found in the current high school class, it is like riding a
bike, which of course is physics too.

I must choose between the following textbooks:

Giancoli; Physics, sixth edition
http://wps.prenhall.com/esm_giancoli_physicsppa_6

Serway, Faughn, Vuille; College Physics, seventh edition
http://www.thomsonedu.com/thomsonedu/authorproduct.do?disciplinenumber=1
3&author_lastname=Serway&author_firstname=Raymond

Wilson, Buffa, Lou; College Physics, sixth edition
http://vig.prenhall.com/catalog/academic/product/0,1144,0131495798,00.ht
ml

Of course, all of these are comparable. If you have any familiarity
with these` textbooks, and have some personal opinions that could
help me make a choice, please share those with me by the end of
Monday 11/27. It would be a very big help!