Re: [Phys-l] Picking Thermo Book - Help requested

Jack, evidently thinks Thermo / Stat Mech hasn't changed much since the fifties.
bc

Jack Uretsky wrote:

Hi John-
In addition to other suggestions, if you want to devote a portion of your course to heat engines and the like, there's a delightful little paperback from Oxford Science: F>W> Whalley, <Basic Engineering Thermodynamics> (1992). Im also partial to the Landau and Lifshitz text, shich I refer to on occasion, but I can't seem to find my copy at the moment.
Regards,
Jack