From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Bernard
Cleyet
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:43 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] momentum and energy

Classically (N) p^2/2m = (identically) m^2* V^2 / 2 m Am I crazy?

If not, then, lim: m => inf. (with v non zero*) E => . not
zero

* Which I think agrees w/ jsd == i.e. "you will find that V makes a
negligible contribution to the golf ball velocity, but a nontrivial
contribution to the conservation law."

Negligible is not zero?

___

bc, missing something?