Re: [Phys-l] threads on PHYS-L

And your answer is?

________________________________

From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu on behalf of Rick Tarara
Sent: Tue 11/14/2006 9:51 AM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: [Phys-l] threads on PHYS-L

;-) Here is my (jaded) view of how many threads seem to go on this list:
;-)

Original Question: Can someone explain why the sky is blue?

Answer 1: What a silly question--I've know why since 2 months before birth.
Besides, that is the wrong question. You should ask, why is the sky not
red. I've written a 50 page essay on that topic--see the following web
pages....

Answer 2: You must first diagonalize a n-dimensional Foobish matrix, then
pass it through a quantum singularity. Next apply relativistic chaos theory
in the 9 dimensional string limit and you will clearly see that the sky must
be blue. [While this will be exactly correct, only the person who provided
answer 1 can understand it.]

Answer 3: It is a government plot--the sky should be red.

Answer 4: The sky is sure not blue in New York City.

Anwer 5: It was blue once in Ohio.

Answer 6: No one can understand why the sky is blue because it has never
been addressed by Physics Education Research. None of the material
presented to this point will increase the gain on the FCI, so it is useless.

Answer 7: "Sky Blue" is a registered trademark in Kazakhstan so we shouldn't
be using those words.

Answer 8: *(cross posted to 200 science groups)...Delete this post before
you get sick!
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
Here are 45000 references in which I have mentioned the words Blue or
Sky...
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ........

Answer 8: (Something that actually answers the question..but will get lost
in the rest of this noise.)

Ad nauseum....

Smile all,

Rick