Re: [Phys-l] Basic statistics

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Folkerts, Timothy J wrote:
But you seem not to agree. See below:

I suggest we not make up new names until doing a little research on
accepted names used by NIST, CDC, professional statisticians, etc.

I agree completely - there are already plenty of common terms out there that we can use.

In my mind, "standard deviation of the mean" is a perfectly fine,unmixed

ok, so who, among "NIST, CDC, professional statisticians, etc." uses it?

Regards,
Jack