Re: [Phys-l] question about coupled oscillators

Hi all,
I totally don't understand Brian's posting. If by "Jacobi Matrix", Brian means the matrix from which a Jacobian determinant is calculated, I made no mention of such either explicity or implicitly.
The succeeding sentences strike me as pure gibberish. A Virasoro algebra is an infinite graded algebra with a center (see my paper in J. Math. Phys. 31:2059-2060,1990) that occurs in string theory. If the posting was intended as some sort of misplaced sarcasm, it unfortunately obscures some very simple math that is usually, as I understand it,
digested by third or 4th year undergraduate physics students.
I have just posted, and partially analyzed, a straightforward 2x2 example.
Regards,
Jack