Re: [Phys-l] Bicycle question

A number of years ago there was a NOVA which treated this subject. If
anyone can dig up a copy it might be useful in class. As I recall the
easiest way to make a bicycle nearly unrideable is to turn the fork around
on the front wheel.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

I am aware there have been experiments to design bicycles that are more
easily "rideable" as well as "not rideable" as part of understanding the
physics, engineering, and human skills necessary for riding bicycles.

Prompted by this thread, and with a little searching, I found an
interesting website containing some nice stories and pictures about
ridable and not rideable bikes. Included is a robotic bike that can
balance with no rider, and an offer of $5000 for someone to ride a
particular rear-steered bicycle.