Re: [Phys-l] Bicycle question

Isn't this essentially the same reason it's harder (takes more force) to turn a corner when you're going fast (greater linear momentum)?
In this case it's angular momentum (sorry Sam). Tipping changes the angular momentum of the wheel and so requires more torque when the wheel is turning fast.
Martha Takats