Re: [Phys-l] Bicycle question

If anyone answers angular momentum, I'll scream! Or maybe it's the Bernoulli effect???

Or maybe this is a good feedback system and it's easier to move your center of mass while you're rolling...

Sam

Savinainen Antti wrote:

Hi,

a student asked me today if I could explain the physical reason(s) to the following observation:

It is easier to stay on a bicycle when it is moving with some velocity whereas it is quite hard to stay up when the bicycle is just barely moving.

I thought about this for a while and said that it's a good question! I promised to think about it.

Any insights?

Regards,

Antti

Kuopio Lyseo High School